Thursday, February 7, 2008

To Hell & Back

I will make this short (I hope)....
I got Ryleigh's stomach bug on Tuesday. It was the worse stomach virus I've had ever. It was worse than the one a couple of months ago. Both ends, non-stop for 12 hours. My mom had come over in the morning to help with Ryleigh because she got sick again and I wanted to be able to shower. I was feeling pretty good. That all took a turn for the worse about noon. By 12:30 I had called Glenn to tell him to get his bottom home because I was going down a slippery slope. He complied with no complaints (thank goodness).
I stayed in my lair most of the day. My mom's plan was to leave at 3:30 but when she came knocking on my bedroom door I had to run and hurl. I think then, she realized I was down for the count and was incapable of taking care of Ryleigh. I've never experienced such gut wrenching pain on a constant level. I never slept in between bouts of sickness because I was in so much pain. Glenn made it home by 8 pm and my mom went back home. Poor gal, never thought she was going to be here all day (and of course she got struck with the bug on Wednesday).
I am starting to recover. I am exhausted and spend most of the time sleeping but I am keeping things down. Today was my first official day of eating but it's been very small amounts. I am just weak. Ry seems to be on the mend and Glenn seems to be surviving. I am trying to accomplish some laundry and de-germ our our home in between naps. It will be a long process but I am hoping by Monday I am back on my feet (as well as my entire family).
So there you have it. A 9 month pregnant woman's nightmare...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

When I read about all of this, I wish I was closer, so I could help you- I wonder where you are getting these bugs? I hope you are feeling better soon-

Maribeth said...

Where??? My thought is the petri dish Glenn and I created 3 years ago named Ryleigh! Although the first bout with the stomach bug didn't come from her...probably some other sick kid I was exposed to and wouldn't have been had I not had Ry. I am just awful, aren't I, blaming my kid. I talked to a friend of mine today who told me she had the same thing happen to her when she was preggers with her son and she went into LABOR. They were able to stop it (she was dehydrated) once they hooked her up to IV Fluids...could you imagine. That would have been hell. Her story made me feel a little better.

Meredith said...

So that is where you have been! I am glad Glenn came home, but you can always call me too if you need help! Actually I have 2 other friends in MOMS Club that had the same stomach bug, both Moms and kids. I think they picked it up at Polaris or the Rec Center. Keep the Purell handy!

P.S. You are SUPER lucky you didn't get dehydrated! Or go into labor - UGH!

Maribeth said...

It was crazy. It hit me like a train and I was sick every 20 minutes till about 8 pm...then it subsided a bit and I was finally able to manage ice chips! I WANTED to go to the hospital (I felt that bad) but had no idea how I would manage to go (with getting sick). I am so glad it is over. Just very slow to recover. Now I am dealing with heartburn of the worse degree. Anything I consume (even water) puts me in heartburn hell!
I don't know what I would have done had Glenn not come home. Thanks for the offer of help. If I go into labor in the next few days I will be calling you. My mom is still down for the count...

Alisa said...

First off.. I can't imagine being that sick nine months pregnant... I should state that I can't imagine being nine months pregnant! Ha (had to throw a lil' humor in there). I sure am glad you are on the mend though MB...recovering after not eating for a few days is tough and you have alot on your plate (or in this sense a lack there of). Sorry.. not sure what is up with this humor?! Anyway..get well wishes and I'll say a prayer that EVERYONE recovers and Glenn will be spared.