Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Bugs!

It has been a crazy few days... on Monday I went in for my big glucose tolerance test (the 3-hour one). It was long morning but I survived. Afterward I went home where my mom was meeting me with Ryleigh. She had spent the night at my folks the evening before. Ryleigh and I enjoyed the rest of our day...
then at about 10:30 I started to feel super hungry. I opted to eat some pretzels hoping it would calm the hunger pains. By 12:30 I am praying to the porcelain god. It was a long night with calls to Glenn, who was in CA. I somehow survived till morning and called my parents right away to come help. They were at my door within the hour (mind you, they live 40 minutes away and it was rush hour). My dad did dishes while my mom entertained Ryleigh. We decided to send her packing back to my folks and I would go it alone. Thank goodness for my parents! They were complete and total lifesavers. I called Glenn too so he could make some arrangements to come home as soon as possible. By 9:30 I was alone...
However I wasn't really alone. The baby inside of me was a kicking madman during this bout of illness which just made it worse. The day wore on... I had times of feeling okay but mostly felt I had been punched in the stomach. I haven't felt that bad in a number of years. It was awful. I went to bed feeling pretty meager and hoping I would keep everything down (not much; water, a bit of tea, a little bake potato).
I woke up bright at 6:30 and felt fantastic (relevant term seeing how bad I felt the day before). I am not 100% but seeing how I was at best 20% yesterday I will take anything over 50 at this time. Glenn will be home sometime this morning. I am excited to have the company and a nurse maid. I think we will keep Ryleigh at my folks one more day... if nothing else, so I can disinfect our home as much as possible.
Lastly, I want to once again apologize to my friend (you know who you are), who had a terrible flu bug not that long ago and called me for help but I was tied up with something. I AM SO SORRY and it will NEVER happen again. You say stomach bug and I am there!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Yeah, we can't be martyrs when it comes to the stomach bug. I am actually really proud you asked for help! I need to do that better too! Hope you are fully on the mend...

Maribeth said...

Working towards it. We're getting Ryleigh tomorrow. I am so excited to see her...hopefully I will be working at 90% tomorrow and we can play in the snow.