Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Update time...

Nothing like re-discovering your Halloween costume when you're under the weather!

Alright I've been sick. I had about 2 days of feeling good and now I have a sore throat, ear hurts, achy body, and sinus thingy. Needless to say, I am sick of being sick. All that said life must move forward especially with baby sharp 2 coming soon.
I had my doc appt on Monday and here is the 411. I am 1 centimeter dilated, 80% effaced and -1. I know the -1 deals with where the baby is positioned but I couldn't remember if the negative number was the higher and positive was lower or vise versa. I tried looking it up in my "What to Expect When Expecting" and I couldn't find it. Anyway, they don't think I will make it to my March 11th due date. I am a bit nervous b/c I was induced with Ryleigh so I am a bit of a newbie at labor just happening at home, in the grocery store or wherever. Also they don't think it will take me 10 hours (like it did with Ryleigh). I could have told them that. If this kid doesn't slide right out I will be shocked.
Ryleigh had her last gymnastic class on Tuesday. We opted not to sign her up for a 2nd session. She liked it but with baby #2 coming and not being allowed to bring baby 2 to class to sit in a car carrier seat there is no point. I suspect I will be putting Ryleigh into a gymnastics class this summer. I just need to investigate options.
In other news, Ryleigh moved to her big girl bed last night. She fell asleep without a hitch but woke up at 4:00 am. Our suspicion is that she was hunger (she had not had a good dinner) or the newspaper delivery woke her up. Either way, I attempted my best to get her to go back down but gave up at 5 and handed the torch to Glenn. He took her downstairs, fed her and she fell back to sleep till I woke her at 8 am (on the couch with Glenn). I was just thankful he was here because I really was not feeling well and had not slept much last night.
Also we had our Moms Day Out program today and I was able to sign Ryleigh and Baby #2 up for next fall!!!! This is fantastic news for me. I will have a break once a week to attempt to get some things done. Ryleigh will also start preschool in January 2009 for a young three's in Worthington. She will be a busy camper but I think it will be good for her.
So that is it. I've posted some pics (because I haven't posted any in forever!!!).


Ryleigh paying attention to Coach Mike (notice she's the only one sitting and listening). It cracks me up. She was like this for all the classes.

Hanging out at gymnastics with dad

A pregnant shot of me.

Big girl bed (yes the furniture still isn't here). We're working with what we have. The mattress and box spring came yesterday afternoon.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Shut up, you can bring the baby to MDO too! That is awesome! The one we go to starts at 15 months & walking. Lucky you :) Where did you sign up Ry for preschool? Hope you guys are all feeling better and we can get together next week when EVERYONE is well.

Oh, and -1 means the baby is still up there...once you get to the +s you are in trouble. I can't wait to meet him/her!

Maribeth said...

Thank you for explaining the -1 versus plus 1. I thought the baby was still high and they say with the second they don't drop until labor (unlike the first).
Signing her up at St. Johns. Plan to get in paperwork today.
I love my MDO...maybe a hike but there are some pluses!!!!
Hope you're feeling better too.

Alisa said...

Love the updates and I see you have been ill too. It isn't pretty huh?! Geesh.. we may be on the up and up, I hope!

So cute to see Ry in her big girl bed. She's also to be given props for her listening skills in gym. Now that's a good kid!

Man, I wish I could get hooked up with that moms day out, esp. since it's so close to my house. I don't know the kids schedule though for preschool next year. I know they start in September and how many days a week is what I'm uncertain about. That doesn't seem right does it.. our kids starting preschool?

Oh before I forget, I got the Elmo clips at Target in the dollar section. They have all kinds. Cookie came in the pack and you can get another pack with Zoe. ONE BUCK!

Jessica said...

I love that pic of Ryleigh in gym class. She's like a statue, a shining example of paying attention and every kid around her is a blur! Great!
You are very brave to go big girl bed. I am scared out of my wits to even attempt Dylan in a big boy bed....eek.

PS my word verification code was gizhl, my nizhl.

Amanda said...

when is your next apt?