Monday, February 4, 2008

Update...

Oh boy Oh boy... it's been fun. The rest of the day was lazy yesterday and I got her down before 9 pm. I got myself to bed early too (right after the Super Bowl - GO GIANTS!!!! - sorry Mer had to put that in).
About 12:30 am I heard Ryleigh crying. I went in.... and was hit with the smell and her coughing. I realized she got sick so I grabbed her to throw her over the toilet. I got her cleaned up and changed and into my bed while I assessed the situation in her crib. OH MY that was gross and we're down a feather pillow (unless someone has thoughts on how I can get that clean).
The cleanup took some time (Glenn left yesterday morning so no reinforcements). Before it was complete she started again... nothing got on my bed (the very important thing!). I cleaned her up and then slipped her into her crib after she calmed down. Then we had one small dry heave. Got that taken care of, her relaxed again and back in the crib. All was done by 2:45. Afterward I laid and prayed. I prayed that the smell of strawberry yogurt wouldn't make me sick, the Ry wouldn't get sick again so I could get some sleep... you know selfish things that God would surely respond to ASAP. I would like to report he did. Ryleigh slept through the night and I didn't get sick and actually slept till 7:30!
Made a doc appointment for all of those wondering. Won't be till this afternoon during her nap (yup, get to get her up). I stretched the truth to get her in... I said she was poking her ears so I was concerned about an ear infection (which she has done a little but I am not all that worried about it). Girls got to do what a girls got to do though. Whatever little bug Ry has she is having a hard time fighting it. I am a very pregnant woman who needs some reassurance since the DH is out of town (big shock!). Hopefully it's nothing much. My mom is on her way this morning to help me. At least I can shower and attempt to clean some more. Okay rambling...

1 comment:

Tam-e said...

Well, at least you know it is not a new habit forming but it is not good that Ryleigh is sick. That is the worst, being pregnant and having to deal with your kids not feeling well. I am glad you got some rest and hopefully you will be able to get more. Hope Ry feels better soon!