Friday, February 1, 2008

It's been a week

I just realized that I haven't posted a thing in a week so I thought I should. If for nothing else to update you on the 'stake-out'. There has been no activity since the stake-out so I suspect my thought of being a paranoid pregnant lady are true. At least it added some interest to my life for that day...

I went to the doctor's on Monday. I start my internal exams on February 11th and I chatted with the doc about inducing me early. Glenn's last day of work is March 1st so rather than try to wait it out we are hoping to have baby some time the first week of March. The doc said he would as long as there are no medical reasons to prevent it from happening. I am sooooo ready to get this baby out. I know I shouldn't be anxious but it has been difficult running after a 2 year old and having this bulging belly. I am having a heck of a time just going up and down stairs. The baby is sitting really high and is smashing my lungs so I get winded very easy. Fun fun!!!

The only other news is that I had my paint team (my mom and Glenn) repaint Ryleigh's room. After the initial paint color went up I wasn't thrilled with it. It was too goldy yellow for my taste. I felt it made the room look small. So on Wednesday I chatted with them both and they agreed to repaint it. They painted yesterday and I really am pleased. It is much lighter and I think cheerier. We are ordering her mattress/box spring tonight before we meet some folks for dinner.

Yup, I have a date night! It will be probably the last one before we have baby so it better count for something! We're off to Buca di Beppo with 5 other folks. Now, the kicker, I don't know any of them! One of the guys Glenn flies with invited us. It's his wife's birthday. Sad thing, we don't even know her name! I feel really bad because I want to get her a card but I don't even know how to address it. I don't think I should put, Hey What's Your Name on the front... although that would give insight to my personality if I did. So wish me luck. I sometimes go silent when meeting new folks so here's hoping I won't be too uncomfortable and can try to enjoy an evening of food.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You are too funny!

"So on Wednesday I chatted with them both and they agreed to repaint it."

Um, I would have cried and sobbed until an intervention was necessary...but that's just me.

Alisa said...

I was wondering where the heck you've been. I'm glad to see a post and also pleased that you are feeling more "cheery" with the newly painted room.

Hope din din went okay and you are going to be quizzed on the birthday girl's name??!!!

Maribeth said...

I am very lucky that my husband and family know how I can be (picky). It becomes magnified when I am prego especially as the end looms closer. I thought I would get some push back from the two of them but they took my request in stride (thank goodness).
Furniture should be here in a couple of weeks so I will post pictures once the room is put together!

Amanda said...

I am so proud of you- painting is MUCH better than a window sill...:)