Saturday, February 9, 2008

Some amusing news

Okay, I have never mentioned this person before on my blog but this is just too good to keep to myself and rather than send an email out to the 1/2 dozen friends who know who I am talking about I thought I would just give the news here... in a more public forum!
Steve is getting married. You know who I am talking about... I was floored when I found out and had to read it twice. He told me in an email in a very Steve way, "I am off to FL for my annual trip. GF and mom will be working on the wedding plans. I got vetoed on destination". That is not a direct quote but basically what he said.
Now I know a few of you have questions about the email business. It's no biggie...been going on and off since OU screwed up and gave away everyone's social security numbers (computer glitch deal-o that seems to be happening to universities/business/govt./etc). Steve went there too but not at the same time as moi (he's dad actually retired from one of the branch campuses). Anyway, we've kept in touch since on and off. And no I have NOT seen him. And YES Glenn knows and has no issue with it. Here's to hoping they are very happy. I truly feel that way. Still in awe the guy is getting married. I never would have thunk it!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

How Crazy! I wonder what the fiance is like??

Alisa said...

That's funny MB. You know I remember the "steve days". It is hard to believe he's getting married. I wish that gal luck!

Maribeth said...

It is crazy but really I am happy for him. I just know the gals who knew him would be as floored as myself!