Monday, January 21, 2008

How do I know my links...

Okay folks, we all wonder how someone knows their blog crawl. And we check out other blogs that our friends look at so I thought I would explain how I know my "LINKS".

Hayes Family: This is one of my friends that I've know for a long time. She's one of my hometown girls. Although we've known each other since we were young we probably hooked up as friends in high school and became closer there after. She is one of those friends who even if we don't chat all the time, we can just pick up and chat as if we just saw each other last week. She has a great husband and 3 wonderful children whom I got to visit this past summer in Washington.

The Pearsons: Another one of those hometown friends... I've known Courtney FOREVER. She literally is my oldest friend in the world. We met in kindergarten and spent the night at each other's houses and had play dates as kids. We were lucky to get pregnant close together with our first and now our second children will be just the same distant apart in age as our first. We try to get together once a month or so to chat and let the kids play. She is a lifetime friend and I am really blessed to have her in my life.

The Lundy's: This would be a work friend. Meredith and her husband were new to the area (and the state) when I met her. We chatted at work and it developed into a friendship outside of work (which is good since we're both stay-at-home moms). She is my go-to for chic flicks. Before kids we use to go to the movies our husbands had no desire to take us to but we must see. I think the last time we went to a movie was a couple of days before her son Brendan was born... he is now 18 months old so that goes to show how much our lives have changed. We chat quite a bit on the phone and she is my lifesaver when my husband is out of town. I am so glad to be able to have her with my through my parenthood woes!

Fully Charged Double A's: Another friend I met through work. Alisa is Wonder Woman. I have so much respect and admiration for her because this girl has had some curve balls thrown at her in her adult life. She handles everything with grace and she is so upbeat. When I first met Alisa at work (we were on a team together) I thought there was no way I would be friends with her outside of the work place but here we are several years later... Alisa is so busy with her life and children that we don't get together too often but someone I always hope to maintain some sort of contact with... she is what you call good people. She has 2 beautiful children and she tells their tales in her blog. A must read!

Counting It All Joy: Tam-e is a girl from my hometown... yup, love the hometown girls. She is actually good friends with my friend Amanda (Hayes Family). They have kept in touch over the years and when Amanda started blogging I got hooked up to Tam-e's family blog. Tam-e was also a big help in our hs reunion. She helped connect me to a lot of folks from our class. Tam-e is fantastic and she too is a stay-at-home mom to 4. She has given me some advice through my blog which I am so grateful to have. Her experience as a mom is fantastic to have in your back pocket!

Bits & Pieces: Oh Jessey...how do I explain. Actually this one is easy. She went to college with Meredith (The Lundy's) at UC Davis (I hope I have that right girls). When Meredith started her blog I also started reading Jessey's blog. She is hysterical and I can get a good chuckle out of some of her misfortune's (sorry Jess but some of the things that happen to you... almost unbelievable that they are just too funny). Also she LOVES celeb gossip which is always so fun to read after some crazy incident happens. Her writing just tickles my fancy and I love to check on what is going on with her. She is what I term the blog friend! So glad I met ya!

Then there are the other two... Post Secret and Dooce. I don't have any connection to them. I actually have stopped reading them (well I still read Dooce... I use to be big into it but not so much now). Dooce is like the blog mama. She is huge. Her blog supports her entire family! Pretty fantastic if you ask me. She does write some funny stuff and I love her monthly letters to her daughter. She is just a great writer and so she is nice to read.

Alright kids, there you have it. How I know the folks I list on the right side column. Now don't get me wrong, I read others... I just don't have them listed. How about you... do you read your friend's friends blogs???

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw. I love being a blogfriend!
And I agree that my life is filled with chaos and mayhem...it's like Britney, without the split personalities, fake British accents, paparazzi boyfriends, custody battles and all the drugs...oh and the white rappers. No white rappers here.

My blogroll:
Comings and Goings - that's you!
Dooce - Dooce is dooce. Gotta love her.
Eleeza is Elsewhere - Eleeza, my college friend
Heart to Heart - Andrea, another college friend
Life As It Is - Bernie, a blogfriend, wife to Jason who is a real life friend to TML and Solipsistic
Living the Dream - Anne Marie, college friend
Occhio Grosso - Amy, blogfriend who is from NorCal but now lives in Alaska. Crazy and hilarious
Solipsistic - Chris, blogfriend, husband to The Mommy Librarian
Synaptic Misfirings - Nora, members only blogfriend
The BLOG - blogfriend, I don't really check in that much anymore
The Lundy's - Meredith!
The Mommy Librarian - Elizabeth, blogfriend, wife to Solipsistic our kids are about the same age
These things... - Jason, blogfriend, husband to Bernie
Where is Tigerlilly? - real life local friend who I met at karaoke!

Tam-e said...

Thanks Maribeth for sharing how you know us all! And Yes I must admit I do visit your friends links! It is always interesting to hear and see what others are doing.

Meredith said...

It's UC Davis but it's all good :) And I am glad you and Jessey are blogfriends! The more the merrier.

Maribeth said...

I corrected the blog to state UC Davis(sorry Meredith and Jessey). I was thinking that but added a letter or two when writing at my feverish pitch.

Alisa said...

How sweet MB. I like this idea of sharing how you know each of us. I had to laugh at your comment about not thinking we'd be friends outside of work. I guess you never know who will walk in and out of your life. I can say I'm really glad we've stayed friends and have shared our families ups and downs with one another. You know we'd much rather be doing this (blogging) than entering calls into a Siebel database... ahhh... so glad we are mommies now! :-)
p.s. remember you using the word essentially alot?!! ha!!!!

Maribeth said...

Jessey - thanks for the explaining. I wondered about some of yours. I knew which one's were college buds (due to Meredith's). I think it's great all of you girls are able to stay in touch with eachother via blogs.

Tam-e - I knew I wasn't the only one who looked at other blog rolls! I think it is kind of cool to see who is listed. Gives you an idea about folks!

Alisa - Okay, you have to admit, I thought you were a bit more sheltered than you first let on when I first met you!!! That was the big reason why I thought we would never associate outside of work. But I was so dead wrong! I will never forget your bachelorette party and all the dirt your girlies were unloading about you! I have loved us staying in touch b/c we've hit some major milestones about the same time...dump the crappy exs, met new guys (okay I kind of did that in reverse), got engaged, married, started families... now I am catching up with you (by having 2!). It's been fun girl!

Alisa said...

OM gosh, I laughed even harder about being sheltered. That's right, not even a cuss word. Too funny. I have to say there was no sheltering going on at the bachelorette. HA! We better get off that topic before I end up in trouble somehow!!!!