Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gymnastics

I enrolled Ryleigh in a gymnastics class at our local rec center. My original thought was to send her to Buckeye Gymnastics but then I changed my mind. I want to see if she has an interest before putting her in at Buckeye. I am glad I did, because another mom pal of mine said that Buckeye was pretty intense and her son cried!
Ryleigh hasn't shed any tears but she is scared of Coach Mike. He's a boy and we just don't like boys we don't know. She is very good at listening though and runs to the yellow crayon to sit when he asks. She just tries to avoid being near him the rest of class.
This last week I was lucky to have Glenn home so he tagged along so we could get some photos...

Ryleigh sitting on the yellow crayon


Trying to do her first somersault

Hanging from the bar with daddy helping her

2 comments:

Alisa said...

How fun. I'm going to enroll the kids too at some point. I was thinkin' when they are three possibly and their listening skills have improved. I'm so impressed she sits on the crayon and listens. My kids would sit for a few secs and then be jumping on everything. I know Buckeye is good, on sawmill near Powell correct? We have a huge place literally three mins from my house called Universal. It is right by the animal shelter. Please keep me posted how her tumbling goes!

Maribeth said...

I am amazed she will sit there and listen. Most of the kids start to run away. Coach Mike got the buy in with Ryleigh when he gave stickers out the first day. I suspect she thinks she will get a sticker if she sits and listens.