Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where's Maribeth?

You remember those 'Where's Waldo' books? I guess that is me right now with my lack of postings. I am not sure if I just don't have anything to write or I am unmotivated... probably a little of both. So here's an update...
Last week Ryleigh and I were alone. Glenn was gone on a 7 day trip. We jumped right into our routine which I tend to like and one of the reasons I don't mind when the man is gone. I feel as if I am not in limbo working around him. I can just do my thing. I can get up with Ryleigh, shower (without disturbing anyone) and be out the door to go run errands, meet up with friends or whatever. The evenings are harder though as Glenn does take on Ryleigh more at night by giving her baths and playing with her while I just chill out. I guess I give up my morning routine but the trade off isn't so bad when night rolls around and I just want to veg out.
The construction behind our house is coming along. They are working on phase 2 and I believe phase 3 (which is directly behind our property line) will take place in the spring. At least baby #2 will be use to the noise. I probably will need to record the construction for once they're gone the baby won't have the hammer/nails lullaby.
Speaking of babe 2... things are going well. I feel great although I do have a pestering headache and I am starting to get a little acid reflux. I got it early with Ryleigh too and it just gets worse. So far I am just managing it with no tums. I am starting to feel the flutters which I am enjoying. I am still managing to fit into my regular clothes (fat clothes at that) but the days are numbered. I have worn a few maternity items but I feel I look like a walking tent. I remember feeling so excited to wear them the first time around and now I loathe the idea. After I had Ryleigh all I wanted was to wear jeans with a button and fly... no more elastic waist.
This week is flying and Glenn leaves Sunday for another 7 day trip. We're hoping to get in some pumpkin patch time on Saturday and enjoy the crisp fall weather. Hard to imagine it was 90 degrees 2 days ago. I think we can officially say Indian Summer is over!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Sounds like baby #2 will have hair too! I really think that old wives tale is true. That would be awesome because I LOVED Ryleigh's crazy baby hair!