Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WOW!

I've had a lot of WOW moments as a mom but this one beats them out by a mile. Ryleigh and Glenn were cuddled on the couch reading and chatting away. I overheard him tell her to give me a kiss. She climbs down from her perch with daddy and walks over to me and says, "I love you", and smiles.
I looked at Glenn to see if he provoked her to saying I love you. She will repeat it when asked. He tells me no. I just told her to give you a kiss and hug.
I turned back to Ryleigh and smiled and told her I loved her too. I got my very first I LOVE YOU! I am sure glad I wasn't in Cleveland tonight!

2 comments:

Tam-e said...

I know how precious that moment is! I love it still when my little Taylor says, "I love you!" My son Sam, the oldest has been telling my husband and I alot lately that he loves us. It is special to hear it not only from a boy but he's almost 11!

Maribeth said...

Oh that melts my heart! I hope that Ryleigh will still be telling us that when she is 11.
Ryleigh's been saying it all the time now. It's fantastic!