Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick Treat

Tonight was Ryleigh's first official Trick-or-Treat Night or as she likes to say, "trick treat". Grandma & Grandpa Corby came over to help. We had dinner and got Ryleigh dressed. Grandpa stayed at the house to man the door while the Grandma, the bumble bee and I went door to door. Since this was her first one I didn't want to hit up too many houses since we weren't in need of candy so the plan was to just hit the houses around our own but she was having such a good time we went all the way down the street and back. We just stopped at the houses where folks were sitting outside.
Grandma pulled the wagon and when we got to the end of a driveway I would pull her out and we would walk up and she would say 'trick treat' and open her bag. Then she would say 'thank you'. It was very sweet and her costume was a hit with the neighborhood.
She took home quite a loot but I was able to exchange it when we got home for her real bag of treats I got her earlier today (books, new crayons, sketch pad and stickers). She didn't even notice that all her lollipops were missing.
It was a great Halloween and the only thing missing was dad. Hopefully he will be around next year.

2 comments:

Tam-e said...

She looks cute!! Sounds like she had a good time. I don't know why but your Grandparents look so familiar, like I have seen them recently. I don't know why that is.

Amanda said...

faye- you look great!!:) glowing! i replied on your comment on my blog about the stroller- i should've put it on yours..:) happy birhday a little late- of course!:)
miss you-