Friday, September 28, 2007

A break through (maybe)

Me: I am thinking once the kids are in school being a teacher's aide. I need to figure out if there are any certifications I may need

Glenn: If this is something you want to do.

Me: Well I would have the same schedule as the kids.

Glenn: As long as this is something that interests you.

Me: I would get paid. I would have the same schedule.

Glenn: (more emphatically) Yes, as long as it really is something you're interested in.

Me: (get more impatient) Yes, well it would be getting paid to volunteer in a school.

Glenn: Just as long as you're interested.

Me: When the hell have I ever been interested in anything I've done in my life thus far!?!?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

It is a good option for you! I don't think you need any advanced degress, but I'd check. It would be really nice to be on the same schedule.

By the way, the last aide my Mom had in California was absent like half the year. She called in sick all the time! And they still didn't fire her...once you have the job, unions make it tough to leave! :)