Monday, September 17, 2007

Zoo


It is a beautiful day and we decided to take Ryleigh to the zoo today. We went to the petting zoo and rode the train. We also showed dad Fluffy, the world's largest snake in captivity. She leaves the zoo at the end of October so if you're in the area you need to check her out. It was a great way to spend the early afternoon before Ryleigh's nap.


This month has been a busy one for us. After returning from Hilton Head Ryleigh started 'school'. At least that is what we're calling it. Mom's Day Out is a program run by a local church to serve the community. It focuses on socialization and nurturing, not academics. In another words, it is not a pre-school. However it is the perfect thing for someone like myself who needs a little break so I can go to the dentist or doctor or whatever.


This month also brings our announcement to all that we're expecting baby #2. It is an exciting time as we plan Ryleigh's Big Girl room (our spare room now) and keep her old room as the nursery. I must admit I am nervous as hell about adding a 2nd one. I finally feel as if I know what I am doing with Ryleigh and I am going to mix it up big time. What was I thinking?!?


7 comments:

Meredith said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited for your family, and of course for Ryleigh to become the BIG SISTER! :) You guys are great parents and expanding your family will just make it all the more fun. CONGRATS! We can't wait to meet the new little one next year!

Amanda said...

I agree- you are going to be a GREAT momma of two! :) Have Faith in yourself! :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!!!

Maribeth said...

I just realized how I slipped in the pregnant comment on the zoo trip. Goes to show how excited I am (nervous is more like it). Thanks for the congrats and the words of faith. Obviously you all know something that I don't...like I can handle two. I know I can but I wonder at what cost to my own sanity. It wouldn't be so bad if the hubby were around. I think my level of being scared would be less I guess. Glenn is thinking of taking on a 18 day schedule after the 1st of the year (thrills!). Anyway I have some months to get ready and adjusted to the idea. Thanks for the faith.

Jessica said...

When are you due?

Maribeth said...

March 11th. I am in the midst of seeing a new doctor (in October) at a different practice so the date may change a little. We shall see!

Jessica said...

If you need cute baby things check out my hyenacart website...I can give you a blogfriend discount! ;)

www.hyenacart.com/crochetfuntime