Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ugh!

The new door we just had installed... need to get a new one. Reason: I am an idiot but more importantly, the guy installing it is a BIGGER IDIOT.
The storm door we purchased has a pull down screen feature. He installed the 'door opener' as he called it (I call it the door spring that is attached between the door and frame. It helps ease the door closed so it doesn't slam). Anyway, whatever it is called got installed at the top of the door. He asked me where I wanted it installed, at the top or bottom. I said the top b/c of Ryleigh... WRONG ANSWER. He screwed it into the top and it went through the screen. The handyman doesn't know he fucked up. Glenn and I realized it when we went to pull the screen down this evening. We looked at the instuctions about attaching the screen that is rolled up top. We got to step one, started on step 2 where you pull the metal piece down and I realized why it was so difficult... damn screen was attached by the screws that went into the door sping to attach it to the door. Now I know why my mom says to read instructions front to back before doing anything. THIS should have been done by Mr. Handyman. Now Mr. Handyman owes me a new door.
UGGGHHHH... I am not really sure if I am to blame for this. I feel some responsibilty but I assumed he knew that the door had a screen in it. The title of the install book mentioned it. I am so not looking forward to this phone call tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I can relate...we have had a screen door sitting out on our front porch (unhung) for about two years because we have to build up around the front door in order to install it and we're not sure how to do it so it's not totally fugly.
So, we just have left it out there.
Lame.
And I think we're gonna have to rip out the carpet in Dylan's room because it seems to be mysteriously changing colors (and not in that cool hypercolor way, in the bad, perhaps there was a leak we didn't notice under this floor and now it's getting moldy kind of way)...
Sigh.

Maribeth said...

I think it's a love/hate relationship with owning a home. Love having a place I can do anything to... never have any money to do anything to it because we're always repairing it though. At least the thought is there to do things to it!

Jessica said...

I hear ya there too! LOL
My mom just bought my husband a super duper outdoor projects book, with landscaping, hardscaping, construction projects etc etc...
And he wants to make one of everything and we have no $$$
It's very depressing.

Maribeth said...

One day we will win the millions in the lotto. I heard you need to buy tickets though...kind of stinks as I never do!

Jessica said...

If we win, I'll spread the lotto love around!
I won $40 on scratchers once, that rocked.