Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bye Bye Bottle

I know what you're thinking (why is she taking a bottle at 18 months) but I dragged it out and now I will pay the price. Glenn & I have finally put our feet down regarding Ryleigh's evening bottle. NO MORE!!! We gave into her way too much and with our upcoming trip I finally needed to end her dependence on the bottle.
Yesterday morning we put her on the counter and had her take all of her bottles and bottle parts out of her cabinet and into a zip-lock bag. She even said 'bye-bye'. It was bittersweet. When 7 o'clock hit she went running to her cabinet pointing up (this was her means of communicating to us for the past few months that it was Bottle Time). We opened up the cabinet and hoisted her up to show her the bottles were gone. We decided that during this transition we would still allow her milk in a sippy cup. I even warmed it up. She drank about 1/2 of it and decided she was done. We took her up to bed at 8 o'clock not sure if she would wake up and thank goodness she didn't. I think it would have broken our hearts had she and we would have given in to her once again. Tonight will be more interesting because I won't be home to help. I hope she isn't much trouble for Glenn.

No comments: