Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-or-Treat

In September Ryleigh & I discussed costume options and she wanted to be a butterfly. I began looking at costumes trying to figure out which direction to go and Ryleigh found her old costume from last year. She put it on and I asked if she wanted to be a bumble bee for Halloween. She told me yes, and so Ryleigh was a bumble bee a second year in a row. HOORAY for that! Although last night will be the last time she gets in that costume...it's starting to get a bit snug.

My folks came over to help with the trick-or-treat festivities again. We had a good time. My mom walked with Evan so I could take Ry around to all the houses. My dad stayed behind and passed out the candy to all the neighborhood kids (and those who drove into our neighborhood to trick-or-treat). Ryleigh was a lot of fun. She was able to walk all the way to the entrance of our neighborhood. She actually ran most of the time. She always greeted neighbors with a "Happy Halloween" then proceed to say "trick-or-treat". I also was very impressed with her thank you. All in all a good night. She didn't seem to notice that I took all of her candy but 5 pieces for her to have over the next 5 days!


2 comments:

Alisa said...

Your bumble bee and punkin are too cute. I didn't realize she was a bee twice, so cost effective on her part! I want to go to that Elmo exhibit at Cosi.. is it worth it? Maybe on a cold day when we can't get outside!

Maribeth said...

The Elmo exhibit is good. The only downside...everytime we go she NEEDS to go. I have a COSI pass and the exhibit is $3.00 per person (Evan's the only freebie now).
I was so excited she was willing to be a bumble bee. She saw the pottery barn fairy/butterfly outfits and wanted to be that... I saw the price and my jaw dropped. It was nice to save a buck. Plus I borrowed an outfit for Evan for this year. Next year he will be the Bumble Bee! Ry will get a new costume...hopefully something reasonable!