Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Shared Moment

There are times when I feel I am not the #1 parent. Okay so it shouldn't bother me but with Glenn's comings & goings with work and I being the primary parent most times I should be the apple of my kids eyes. Now I know the naysayers are out there but come on...
Last night, I got to feel the joy of my daughter putting me above her daddy. He had just come back from a four day trip and it was ME she wanted. I couldn't have been more happy...
Except she chose her moment in the middle of the freakin' night. Ry woke up at midnight and Glenn was on it. He went and checked on her. I came running in shortly after and gave her a couple of snuggles and tucked her back into bed. Then 2 hours later the FUN began.
She woke up around 2ish. Came into our room and wanted in our bed. So I grabbed her and put her in between us. Now we don't typically have our kids sleep with us...there just isn't enough room but when you're tired you do what you need to do. She couldn't get comfortable so I offered to grab her little pillow in the hopes she would fall asleep. Well she didn't. She tried but it didn't work...so I took her back to her room and tucked her in. This little dance went on until 3:30 am. She must have been up down at least 1/2 dozen times. I was starting to suspect she would get hungry and she did. So we went downstairs and had a bowl of cereal at 3:30.
The two of us just sat at her little table and ate a bowls of cereal. Silently munching... and for as tired as I was I was really happy because during the past hour and half she wanted her mama!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm definitely the second-class parent.
Dad is fun, Dad does outdoorsy stuff, Dad wrestles around and tosses them up in the air.
Mom cleans toilets and hollers at them to pick up their rooms and eat green beans.

Dude. I totally like Dad better too.

Alisa said...

such a sweet story MB. I like that feeling to! It's funny, when the kids cry, especially Andersen... well, only him... he says "I want my uncle Chad, I want my Cam Man (Camden). Like out of nowhere... when has Uncle Chad been the almighty comforter.. ha?! So funny how those little brains work.