Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time to drop the weight

Well the time has finally come (and the motivation is in place) for me to put some focus on losing the 'baby' weight and get back into shape. I have been working on a very limited wardrobe and I really don't want to expand it in the size I currently am wearing.
My motivation comes in the form of a wedding. I don't currently own anything that I can fit into to wear to this wedding. I really don't want to buy something specific for this event that I could potentially only wear once (due to weight lose). SOOOO I am hoping I can lose enough pounds to fit into a few options I have... I am not sure if it will happen but if it doesn't it won't be from lack of trying.
Also, another blogger, Jessey, is starting on her weight lose journey. Her chat about wanting to lose the baby weight (she JUST had a baby) really made me realize that I can't see around eating sugary substances and nurse and expect it to fall off. Plus that crazy Pirate's Booty...

I am no stranger to weight lose. I was hefty in my mid-twenties and did Weight Watchers with 2 of my co-workers. It was a fantastic experience and I plan to incorporate it into this journey of weight lose. Also, after I had Ryleigh I was told by my family doctor that I was pre-diabetic and should do South Beach (which I did with great success). My plan to jump start the weight lose is to do South Beach. I feel that in order for me to be successful in the long run I will need to incorporate WW. I probably will join them after the wedding. Something about the accountability really motivates me! So till then I will be using this blog to give me the accountability factor. My first weigh in was this morning to give me my base #. I will be posting my weight lose next Wednesday.

Here's to happy dieting!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Of course I think both you AND Jessey already look great, but good luck! The wedding is a great motivator. Plus making that breast milk is a good calorie burner! :)

Amanda said...

i was looking at the new south beach book supercharged and it had some yummy recipes they look really good plus the book is a little different.. I just may join you!