Saturday, April 12, 2008

Visit to the in-laws

Is officially in the works. We booked the tickets, hotel...only thing left is the rental car (either a minivan or SUV...I am tempting to go mini...). It should be a decent trip as we won't be staying Glenn's folk's house! Their house is small and the sleeping accommodations are non existent. So we lined up a suite with hotel points. We also got really good fare on our flights. We had to buy 3 tickets now that Ryleigh is old enough. We didn't get a ticket for Evan...because I will be nursing the whole time (aren't I so positive). I have purchased tickets for Ryleigh in the past but I didn't on her first flight (at 9 weeks). Evan will be 11 1/2 weeks for this flight. Hopefully it will go well.
We leave May 21st for the sunshine state!

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Very excited for you all. I can't imagine flying with my tykes. I would need a stiff drink for sure after that flight! ha! We are going to the beach in July and thought about it. A trip will do ya good!

Maribeth said...

The last time I flew with Ryleigh was last summer to Seattle. I was by myself. It was CRAZY (weather delays on our layover). Ryleigh did very well all things considered. I should write a post about it. It was pure madness! Flying home wasn't so bad... we had Glenn with us on the flight back.

Meredith said...

Flying with Evan will be a piece of cake! Brendan's first flight at that age was great...all he did was sleep. Now that he is a toddler, he can get crazy! Ry is so well-behaved, she will be an angel :)

Jessica said...

You'll be fine!
We went cross country with Elizabeth at around 17 months. She did great.
I flew with her to my mom's house (about an hour flight) when she was eh, five months old or so. No problems there either.

I'd fly with her now at age four and feel no pain.
It's the boy child who gives me nightmares.

Maribeth said...

I've flown with Ryleigh numerous times so I am not really worried about the flight with Evan. Plus I have Glenn with me so it isn't like I am tackling the both of them on a plane. Ryleigh's flown cross country twice and Florida once. This will be her fourth trip in 2.5 years. Not bad...

Jessica said...

She's a little jet-setter!