Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Survival Mode

Okay so I haven't posted in forever. Glenn being home and having a new addition certainly cuts down on my computer time!!! I have been surviving the sleep deprivation. Evan was up till about 2 am last night then every hour on the hour till 7 this morning. The poor guy has diarrhea. We had his 1 month check up yesterday and I suspect he had a reaction to his shot. Poor guy. He is now on the up swing (we hope)!

Ryleigh seems to be adjusting to our new way of life. She spent Monday night at her grandparents. She adores my parents (thank goodness) and loves spending time with them. When my mom packed her up to come home Tuesday, Ryleigh gave her a hug and told her she was going to miss her! It broke my heart when my mom told me. She is growing up to be a sweet girl! I love her and I must admit I miss her too. Yup, all this time I am spending nursing Evan has caused me to miss my firstborn immensely. I try not to think about it too much.. the pre-Evan time but it's hard. I suspect it is because I feel like a garden hose to Evan and I feel I am failing Ryleigh a bit. I am sure in a couple of months I will catch my breath and be able to breathe (I hope)!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

i am happy to hear how things are going! Evan is soo cute! hang in there- miss you-
a

Maribeth said...

Miss you too! I saw the latest photos... Vi is getting huge!

Alisa said...

So glad to see a post. We've sure missed ya but I know what you've been up to! You'll feel much better I bet when warm weather FINALLY gets here and you can be outside with the kids. Gramma and Grandpa's are just the best aren't they?! Maybe you can go out with Ryleigh one on one sometime soon for some mom and daughter time! That pic of Evan is very cute!