Friday, April 18, 2008

The upside of being awake in the middle of the night

I got to feel my first earthquake. I had just finishing feeding Evan and he was back to sleep and I was laying in bed trying to relax so I could get a few more winks. Then I felt it. Just a slight movement of the bed. I thought I was imagining it, it was so slight. Then I thought I felt a pause and it did it again. Then it dawned on me... I think we're having an earthquake. I was starting to panic...why you may ask? Two reasons...this was my first earthquake or I've become so sleep deprived that my mind is imagining that I am feeling shaking and wouldn't that require me to go under the care of a doctor.
Once I woke up I completely forgot about the whole thing. Glenn asked me this afternoon on the phone if I felt something last night. I started to laugh and said YES...DID WE HAVE AN EARTHQUAKE???!!!?!?! And we did. I am so relieved. I wasn't going mad in the wee hours of the morning!

2 comments:

Tam-e said...

I just posted about this! Funny! It was more than a little shake down here! I couldn't believe how it felt! Crazy! My husband thought I was crazy!!! He sleeps through anything!

Amanda said...

WOW!! I thought it was strange to wake up early this morning to snow showers ( and vomitting violet!) But an earthquake! that is exciting- :)