Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's Alive

Okay, well I'm alive! It's been forever and a day since I posted which is unusual considering my recent steady stream. If you follow me on FB then you know I was on death's door last week (or at least the all mighty stomach viruses door). He came knocking then just charged through the Sharp household last week and it was bad...
Last week was suppose to be a week of celebration and reflecting on my baby boy and his first year but that wasn't how it turned out. Tuesday we went off and got pictures done then Wednesday I wasn't feeling so spiffy. Rarely do I lie on the couch almost an entire day but that is where I stayed. It's a little difficult when little ones are tugging at you begging you to come play on the floor and I tried my best but it was hard. Thursday morning came and so did everything I ingested the evening before (which wasn't much). The call had to be made to my sidekick to come over & watch the kids (my mom). Glenn stuck around for part of the morning before he had to take off for training so I was left to watch the kids for 20 minutes. It was a tough one but I made it till my 3rd in command could take over. Then off to bed for me. The next day my mom came again and spent a chunk of the afternoon with us so I could rest up for what was to come.
Friday night, Ry got the same stomach bug which had plagued me. I was still a little under but my supermommy cape got dusted off and I held a puking child for 24+ hours. She was good through it all and slept in between bouts of vomit. Thank goodness. I also did massive amounts of puke laundry...her linens (twice over), my linens (yes I laid her in my bed at one point), blankets and towels from the couch... all the while watching heaps of regular laundry piling up. So this week has been major catch up and clean up. I still feel way far behind but with a sitter coming Saturday night it will light my fire to get cracking!
Let this be the only stomach bug for 2009!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Dude. That stinks!
I'm glad everyone is on the upswing now!

I hear you on the laundry mountain too. We had NO washer for almost two weeks. When the new washer came I was 13 loads in the hole, not counting the pants that Bob washed himself at the renter's house.
So yeah. 14-15 loads just piled up in my master bath. Very relaxing retreat.

PS I'm all caught up now! In just two days! Yay!

Meredith said...

I didn't realize it was that bad!! You poor thing :( Hey, at least you didn't end up dehydrated with an IV which is always where I end up with that bug! Hope it doesn't travel to KY...