Saturday, March 21, 2009

Family

The week we got hit with the terrible flu bug the weather was fantastic and we missed it. Then it got cold again and I thought it maybe weeks before we saw some signs of spring.
Last weekend we made a BIG purchase. We have been preparing for this since last year and we couldn't be more excited. And to make it all the better, spring weather came with it!


Now I will fill you in on all the gory details of this swingset. It took my husband & a friend two days to put up the majority of this set. Then we had to wait for a beam that was missing from the box to get the monkey bars up. How a wooden beam didn't make the box is beyond me but Rainbow was great to deal with and they sent it out right away. Once we received it my lovely husband spent two days putting it together (and making several trips to Lowes and some specialty fastener store due to missing hardware). Now wouldn't it have been easier to account for all the pieces from the beginning?!?! That would be too methodical for my man!


Overall I am excited for the whole thing to be done and we can have a summer of fun in our backyard. As we calculated it, this will be our kids birthday present for the next 8 years at $100 a piece... so excited we won't need to buy birthday presents till Ry is 11 and Evan is 9! However I don't think that will work... damn that would have been sweet!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

I clicked on the link to see the whole swingset. *blink*blink I can't even imagine starting that project. Looks exhausting! My swingset from the 70's had 2 swings and a slide. After a couple years the metal was rusty, it wasn't stable and was probably a health hazard/death trap. Hahaha. You will have a ton-o-fun this summer! Enjoy!!

Maribeth said...

I never had a swing set. I swear Glenn & I play on it as much as the kids. The slide is super fast and Ry likes to sit up top and have 'meetings'...usually means we're driving (there is a ship steering wheel) to see some imaginary princess or find Mickey!