Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cookin' Update

I've received several recipes thus far and I am appreciative of all of them but I must admit there seems to be a common theme. Here's the list of what I got:

Meaty Cheese Manicotti
Baked Mac-N-Cheese
Chicken Noodle Tettrazzini
Califlower Mac-N-Cheese
Lasagna
Barzi Tuno - Tuna/Pasta
Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas
Fiesta Burrito Bake
Taco Bake (which I cannot find but I know I have it somewhere)
Easy Chicken Santa Fe
Baked Pork Chop Casserole
Baked Chicken w/French's Onions
Chicken Pot Pie
Garden Harvest Stuffed Peppers
Turkey Meatloaf
Pizza Rolls
Pumpkin Soup

Do you see it??? Yup we love our pastas & our American-Mexican. I say American Mexican because looking at these recipes, I don't think their authentic (not that I am an expert in this department). Anyway, they all look yummy and I am excited to try some. I did actually do a new recipe this week that my friend, Jeanne gave me. It was from Cooking Light and it was a Raspberry Balsamic Chicken. Now, I had great plans to post it and take pictures but I messed it up a bit. The chicken breasts I use were much larger than what the recipe called for (tisk, tisk, must follow them better) so the chicken wasn't cooked properly which in turn made the sauce a bit overcooked too. My husband & I did see the potential, however our daughter didn't like the sauce. I may revisit this recipe at a later date. So far I've been staying true to doing a new recipe a week. My hope is to try the Turkey Meatloaf this coming week (probably Thursday). I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: