Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The best part (for me)

I have two things this year that made my heart sing this holiday season. The first, was a couple weeks before Christmas when I had the privilege of dropping off items my MOMS Club donated for a family. We Adopt-A-Family every year and this year I had the responsibility of getting the items to the Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resources Center. When I dropped them off, I was overcome with the true meaning of Christmas. The entire center was filled to the rafters with items for several Adopt-A-Families. It was truly incredible to see such selfless giving.
My second favorite was being able to play Santa for my own family. Once all the wrapped items were under the tree and everything was set up I admired my handy work. All the wrapping, beautiful tree and the image of seeing my daughter so excited the next morning danced through my head late Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi faye- MY MOMS club did the same thing! It was awesome. I was thinking of your group too. We did the 12 days of Christmas and for the 12 days before we dropped a goody or gift at their house. We also brought them everything for a Christmas dinner.. I had not thought of that before.. I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas.. miss you guys.

Laurie said...

MB! What a way to capture the true meaning of Christmas. I helped with 2 Salvation Army Angels but my co-worker did the deliveries to them. She was telling us how amazing it was. We all get so caught up in the day to day bs and we don't take time to be thankful for what we have! What a good way for you to do that. Have a wonderful New Year!