Sunday, August 26, 2007

When will it end

Alright, I am a complainer at heart and here I go...
Ryleigh is still under the weather. She puked yesterday morning all over herself, blankets and our new couch. She has finally left her mark on my otherwise pristine couch. I took it in stride. We hunkered down again yesterday and last evening we started with the diarrhea. Oh my what fun that has been. We changed her diaper 4 times in matter of 15 minutes. Poor girl. And she wailed every time we wiped her. We were able to ward off diaper rash but the poor thing was so sensitive. After she went down I thought it best to check on her. Good thing. She pooped again and had leaked to boot. I had to change her & her bedding.
Then (here is my real complaint)... I woke up at 3 am feeling awful. I now have diarrhea. I must admit I would rather have that than the whole vomiting thing. It just means another day of staying home and watching way too much Elmo. When Ryleigh got up this morning she had yet another nasty package for me. It almost made me vomit.
I really can't wait till this is all over. I am just hoping/praying we get through today/tomorrow without giving it to Glenn. He is in his simulator training for his plane and it has been painfully boring for him. If he gets this before his check ride tomorrow morning he will have to call in sick and start the whole 5 day process over at another date. I don't know if I can listen to his daily complaints about that so please keep your fingers crossed that Glenn stays healthy!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

hey there- she may have rotovirus.. if it doesn't stop soon i would check into it.. esp. if it is really stinky.. sorry to be gross!:)

Maribeth said...

She hasn't had an incident since this morning but she won't eat much and I cannot get much liquid down her. She is her ornery self. I guess a bug is going around. If things aren't on the up by tomorrow I was going to check in with the office again. Thanks for your suggestion.

Meredith said...

Hey you, I promise it will get better...hopefully she is over the worst of it. Just take care of yourself too, remember I got dehydrated with the same bug-you REALLY don't want that! Keep trying to push the fluids and we'll talk this week.