Thursday, May 3, 2007

Zoo & Mulch

This morning I went to meet my friend & her son at the Columbus Zoo. We had lots of fun checking out all sorts of animals and even learned about a new one called an Okapi. It was dark reddish brown with camouflage markings on its hindquarters and legs (zebra legs). It was really interesting. We also had lunch and finished off our visit with a boat ride.

Ry sitting in the boat




Our friends B & M on the boat


After we left the zoo we stopped at the grocery store and picked up some goodies then I came home and was greeted by a MASSIVE mulch pile in the driveway. I knew it was coming but it was everywhere. It was covering 3/4 of the driveway across (and it's a 2 car driveway). I wasn't sure if I would be able to manage to get the car past it but I did. Now my concern is will I be able to backout without hitting it. I thought the only way I could manage that was to actually mulch. So I spent an hour mulching and only got a portion of the front of our house done and I barely made a dent in the mulch. I suspect I will be out there everyday for the next 7 days mulching during Ry's afternoon nap. My husband is so lucky being gone for the next 7 days for work.




2 comments:

Meredith said...

WHOA! When you said a big mulch pile, you meant it!!! Brendan looks so sad...like why is my Mom taking me on this boat?!? Too funny. Call us if you want to hang out this weekend...we don't have much going on.

Jessica said...

Mer, you look so CUTE in that pic! Even next to the cutest kid in the world, you're still super cute!