Thursday, May 17, 2007

New Woman

On Friday, I discovered my engagement diamond had become lose. I could turn it ever so slightly and began to panic that I may lose it while out to dinner with my husband. We ran to the jewelers on Saturday morning and discovered there were lose stones in my band too. The jeweler told me it would take 10 days to fix.

Ten days?!?! Now I will admit I am not an avid wearer of my rings. I don't wear them to bed, when I do yard work or wash dishes. I basically never have them on when I am home. I try to remember to have them on when I leave the house. I am pretty good at remembering although I have had to drive back a few times to get them.

Now for someone who wears her rings only when I am out I was freaking over the 10 days. And the reason... my 15 year high school reunion! Call me vain and shallow but come on aren't we all from time to time. I begged the jeweler to see if they could get them done sooner. She came back with a Saturday pickup. I would be able to get them the day of my reunion. I was relieved to say the least.

After a few days of no rings I couldn't take it (I know the girl who doesn't wear them now wants them). I called the store last night and found out they are ready. I was so excited but also amazed that something that would be 10 days was suddenly done in less than 4. I never thought it would take them 10 days to repair them or even a day for that matter. I rushed over this morning and they look STUNNING. They cleaned and polished them and I swear they look better than on the day of my wedding. I've worn them ever since. I may even sleep with them tonight!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Scary! At least you found out before you lost any stones!
I thought I lost my WHOLE ENGAGEMENT RING once. I searched the shower drain and totally freaked out before I found it in the sheets of my bed....whoops!

Maribeth said...

I would have freaked if I lost my rings or stones for that matter. Thank goodness you found them. I think we've all had a ring scare. I thought I dropped mine down the vent in my bedroom. I woke up Glenn and made him search (they were on the floor). I think we all should go get our rings buffed & polished. It really made my whole week!

Jessica said...

That's a great idea!