Monday, May 7, 2007

Babysitters Club

I just signed up for a new service that provides babysitters. I also went ahead and put in a request for Friday night to have a stranger come to my house and watch my child. I am COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT by this whole thing! I've never had anyone other than family watch my child. I would be total cool with any of my mom friends watching my child (I am not a complete nut case about who babysits my child). I must admit though, I have no idea who is going to watch my kid. What I do know is that it will be a college student from OSU, they will have had a background check and that is about it. It provides a bit of peace of mind but not much. I arranged for the sitter to come 1/2 an hour prior to when G and I plan to head out. We want to put Ry down for bed before we leave (otherwise this stranger will be left with a sobbing mess). Now I am going to feverishly clean my house... I should have it all done by Friday!!!! Hopefully my blood pressure will go down by then and I won't need a Valium in order to leave my pride and joy for evening out with my husband for his birthday!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I am SO excited for you guys to have a date on Friday and Ryleigh to be with her new sitter. It will work out great, and then you guys will go out all the time! How fun!

Jessica said...

I don't think I've EVER had anyone other than family watch my kids....
Except for the brief failed daycare experiment.....
We shouldn't talk about that....

Maribeth said...

I am super excited about the place we're going to check out. The website is www.barofmodernart.com.
I am still really nervous about the sitter. Meredith you may need to come and spy on her. If this works though I may be able to talk Meredith & Kevin into using it and we could all go out!!!!

Meredith said...

Time out with other adults? And no kids? I think I forgot what that was like...

If you want me to spy I will totally dress in all black and drive by your house with my lights off. It would be fun!