Thursday, April 19, 2007

Is that a cloud over my head?

Today was the day for my new couch to arrive. The couch I ordered in December and have had my eye on for a year before ordering. It is something my husband & I have meticulously researched & thought over before pulling the trigger. It was suppose to be the happiest day in my life of furniture purchasing...

It was the wrong damn couch. I ordered a 3 piece sectional. The love seat, wedge (corner piece) and chair. The love seat (longest portion) was suppose to be to my right as I am looking at it and the chair (shorter portion) was to be to my left. I have the opposite. I contacted the furniture folks to chat with them about their mistake and the 2 delays that we've already endured to get the wrong couch. Here is the key, the couch was ordered correctly per the paper work and the ordered couch was sent... the order was wrong. The furniture people wrote the original order wrong. It's their couch and they couldn't figure out whether it was a Left Arm Sectional or a Right Arm Sectional (I wanted the right and received the left). Uggg... I shouldn't be surprised though because this type of thing has been happening my whole life. Little screw ups, the little black cloud as my father calls it.

So now the wrong couch is sitting in my living room till the right couch gets here. I probably won't see it till the fall.

The small portion of the couch


The long portion of the couch

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I was wondering why you & Ry weren't at the library this morning. Dealing with PB's mistake I guess! I am so sorry, I think I've been hearing about this couch since you were pregnant. Hope they fix this soon!

Maribeth said...

I completely forgot about storytime with the couch coming. I am sorry we missed it. I have been a mess this week with the couch, painting the front room and working on the trim. All I can say is I hate decorating.