Sunday, April 22, 2007

24 Hours and Back

I went to visit my cousin in Kentucky this weekend. I left on Friday shortly after I put Ry down for a nap and returned Saturday shortly after she woke up from her nap. It was a quick trip but a true test for Ry & her dad.

This was the first time that Glenn got to spend 24 hours with his daughter with no one watching over him. It was a real treat from what he told me although he didn't eat much because meals were such a debacle. Ry is learning to self feed with a spoon and it isn't going so well. She doesn't quite have the dexterity but she is persistent about wanting NO HELP. She is great at getting the spoon into her mouth. Her issue is getting the food onto the spoon. G spent most of the meals trying to control the chaos and make sure Ry was getting enough nourishment. His first evening he got some help from his friend Tyler who stopped by after dinner. The rest of the evening went off without a hitch.

The next morning Glenn was hoping Ry would sleep in... she woke up at 7:30 (to me that is sleeping in!). They went to the park in the morning, had lunch and then went to Costco where they did some shopping.

All in all I think it was a successful time for the two of them. Ry didn't even seem to notice me when I returned. I came through the door thinking I would get a big reception from her and all I got was a cheerio from her snack bowl. No hug, no kiss, no running into my arms. A cheerio!
Now it is Glenn's turn to leave. He went to work today and I got Ryleigh all to myself! I took her over to my folks for the day but not before playing beauty shop!



1 comment:

Meredith said...

I forgot to ask you about your trip this morning! Hope you had fun with Leigh Ann. Good for Glenn too! He sounds like Super Dad :) When I left for DC, Kevin ate his dinner after Brendan went to sleep. I would have been too hungry by then!

We'll get together soon!

P.S. 7:30 is TOTALLY sleeping in. I think the latest we've slept in has been 8:00. HA!