Thursday, March 3, 2011

Short Changed

A favorite photo of one of my favorites!

My middle child just celebrated turning three today. There was no party, no cake, no favorite meal, no presents and no balloons. Instead, he spent it with yucky antibiotic and an inhaler. This comes as no big surprise as this is par for the course when it comes to my sweet blue eyed boy.

Every year he gets the short end of the stick when it comes to his birthday. His first birthday I opted not to have a big party. He had his mom and dad, sister and maternal grandparents bring in his birthday (his older sister had a grand first and his baby brother will be too). Then on the day of his first birthday he spent the second half with his first stomach bug. It was plain awful.

His second birthday wasn't much better although he wasn't sick. Once again he celebrated with his mom and dad, sister and maternal grandparents. However the entire day leading up to his mini celebration his dad spent in bed unable to play with him. His dad is his best buddy.

This year we do have a small party planned with friends and I am praying I won't need to cancel it. I am hoping my big boy starts to feel better so he can have his cake and eat it too, FINALLY.


His first birthday before he got sick!

Celebrating his second birthday!

No comments: