Sunday, November 1, 2009

BOO!

This year there were 2 new things for our trick-or-treating adventures. First, G was HOME! He hasn't been home since Ry's first trick-or-treat and she was all of 10 months old. That year the three of us sat outside and passed out candy. Second, we added a 2nd trick-or-treater... presenting Mr. Bumblebee. This is Ry's old costume and it is now missing it's head piece. I am sure I will find it by next Halloween! However, tubs won't be wearing it. I will finally deck him out in a BIG Boy outfit. I can't wait.
As usually my parents came over to pass out candy so we could go out as a family of four. E was insistent on pulling the wagon so I stayed between the Running Fairy and the Must Take My Time as I am Pulling a Wagon Bee so I could attempt to enjoy the adventure my children were having. Finally I told G to give the Bee a lollipop and he sat back for the rest of the ride. He didn't even want to get out to say Tick Teet with a lovely of Hank Oww afterward. Ry was kind enough to request a treat for her brother at every house (way to load up on the candy) and even put it in his basket. It was quite sweet.
Today (3 days after the fanfare) Ry and I did a trade-in on the candy. I loathe the treats and the persistence of an almost 4 year old begging all day for a treat. So I offered her a new barbie and she could keep 5 pieces (thank you to my friend Jeanne who told me of such offer...it worked wonders). So now we are down to five (only 1 a day). Ry had her treat at 8:30 this morning...








1 comment:

Jeanne Jeffers said...

Another shout out on the blog!