Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Feeling Good

I know I've been a bit absent. As you know from the prior post I have been feeling like a washed up mom for awhile. Well last night I got a new lease on life. I got a new haircut!!!
I have been hating on my hair for awhile and wanted to chop it back however the hubby isn't a big fan of short hair. However my hair looked horrible. It had been cut into layers and there was a disconnect and it was just awful. I made an appointment yesterday because I knew I needed to see myself 'pretty' again or else my self image was going to continue going down the drain. It was fantastic. Lisa did a fantastic job. She gave me a scalp massage, a mini-facial (for free) and cut my hair. I love it!
Now I am off to do it for the first time! Hopefully it will be a breeze (I suspect it will). Also I am back on the horse as far as diet is concerned. I am not going extreme but I hope to do 20 in 20! Just thinking about that makes me feel good! So here's to everyone feeling good and pretty today!!!

4 comments:

Alex "Skinny" McKinney said...

Good for you! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you and I am glad to see things are better. I'm glad you got the chance to do something for yourself that makes you feel good.

Amanda said...

how bout a picture of your new do'?
miss you-

Maribeth said...

uhhh pics...oh I am not feeling that good (kidding). Leaving for vacation on Friday so I am sure there will be a photo or two of me in there. Will post upon return

Tam-e said...

Glad to hear you are on the up & up! I know exactly how you feel about not feeling pretty. I remember after I had Alexis, I made Bobby get me a tanning package just so I could feel better about myself!
I look forward to seeing the new doo! I am sure you look fab!