Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jersey Wedding!

My kids got to spend 36 hours alone with their dad! I left on Friday morning for my cousin's wedding in Jersey. I was nervous because since Evan our co-parenting has been divide and conquer method. Glenn takes Ry and I take Evan. Glenn had not really been in charge of both of them except when I would sneak out during nap.
I called Glenn when I landed in Newark at 10:00 am. He told me Evan had 2 oz of milk. "Uh, honey he's suppose to drink more than that. He didn't get to 16 lbs by having only 2 oz." I was freaked. My true concern leaving was Evan. I am the milk supply and he refused to take a bottle 4 days prior to my departure. I knew he wouldn't starve to death and eventually would take a bottle. I just didn't want him to suffer or be upset. Turns out he learned to suck down that bottle. At 11:00 am he had 5 oz. The rest of my time away went well for the 3 of them and Evan drank every last bit of frozen milk I had reserved.

The wedding was incredible. I haven't got to spend a lot of time with Stacey (she's 8 years younger than me) but I was so honored to be able to witness her wedding. She has surrounded herself with great friends and has married a wonderful man. Their wedding song really reflected the entire day: Ben Harper's Happy Everyafter In Your Eyes.


1 comment:

Tam-e said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding! I am glad everything went well at home. I know sometimes we worry about it but it always seems to work out in the end.
I remember nursing and leaving Sam, my oldest, at 3 months. I too was the food supply. Although he didn't stay with Daddy I was still concerned about leaving him. Grandma knew what she was doing! Everything worked out great! Now the pumping on the other hand...let's just say I was happy to be back home!