Monday, June 23, 2008

Never thought I would need to teach this

Mr. Evan has been a fantastic baby. He sleeps well, eats well, rarely cries, smiles a ton, loves his voice and watching his sister. Just a truly happy boy. However this happy boy has no idea how to poop on a regular basis. This issue started about 6 weeks ago. Yup, 6 weeks. He started going for long stretches without pooping. He went 7 days, then 8 days, another 8 days, then he topped it with 9 DAYS! Who does that?!!? And yes I called the doctor....
So now I get to stimulate his behind and attempt to give this boy pear juice. It doesn't seem to be making an impression on him. Thursday (after 9 days) he was given a suppository. Worked like a charm but it did take the whole hour for the show to start. Then he actually went #2 the next day. Haven't really seen anything since. So I started trying the pear juice yesterday and wouldn't you know...HE WON'T DRINK IT. The problem is actually bigger than that...he won't take a bottle at all! My mom attempted to give him a bottle of my fine milk today and he refused. Tomorrow I am going to try the medicine dropper & pear juice. This should be fun!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you are having an exciting summer afterall! :) Parker is the only one of my 3 who would even take a bottle.. good luck with that! :) Happy Pooping!
am laughing WITH you- not at you!

Meredith said...

Poor Evan! 9 days has to be uncomfortable for anyone! By the way, Brendan never drank any of that Gerber juice...unless I mixed it with mostly water. Don't worry, once he starts solids it seemed they pooped more often...

Alisa said...

Man nine days is a long time. I can relate though from when I was on bedrest and on muscle relaxing meds. I know too much info sista', sorry! Hope everything in this department has gotten a bit more regular :))